The Center on Religion & the Professions serves as a clearinghouse for information about religion, including events. In an effort to distribute information about religion, the Center, at its discretion, will help publicize special events fitting these criteria:
- An event sponsored by and held by an academic unit at an accredited college or university;
- An MU student-organized event held with permission on campus premises;
- A course or training event for which people earn academic credits and pay fees
In addition, the Center, at its discretion, may publicize in its electronic newsletter or web site, community-organized events providing they:
- Are non-proselytizing;
- Are not fundraisers;
- Are open to the public;
- Do not profess violence, hatred or discrimination against others;
- Fit within our annual themes
Because of the volume of requests and out of fairness, the Center has the right to limit the number of promotions for each community group.
CORP promotes events to increase opportunity for dialogue and discovery, and to increase religious literacy. The Center does not endorse or sanction events but promotes them with the aim of informing the public.