May 18, 2009 – A workshop to train religious groups about addressing teen relationship violence will be held Aug. 22, 2009, in Columbia.
A faith-based initiative against teen relationship violence, the Teen Relationship Education and Empowerment (TREE) program was founded with a Missouri Foundation for Health grant to a coalition of local churches, community health professionals and MU.
Columbia’s Broadway Christian Church submitted the grant, with assistance from the MU Center on Religion & the Professions, which provides project development, outreach and administrative support.
- Read about TREE receiving the grant (Columbia Missourian)
- Read about the Feb. 22 workshop (Columbia Missourian)
- Download press release about the grant
- Listen to interview about the project (KBIA)
- Read about the Missouri Foundation for Health awarding the grant
- Read about the activities of the project’s first group of teams